The whole darn fam

The whole darn fam

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Juggler





Lately, I feel like I have taken on a new occupation...one for which I was not trained, nor, ever thought I was capable.

I have become a Juggler. Yes--every single day--I juggle.

Breakfast
laundry
football





cheering





dance





gymnastics


homework
marriage
hurts
celebrations



tears
cuddles
discipline
baths
bedtime
adoption related stuff





and on and on and on

Every day--I have all the proverbial balls in the air--trying to make everyone happy...maintain some sense of control, and normalcy.






Guess what happens every day?

One of the balls is bound to drop.

There is just no way that I can do it all, and do it all perfectly. Some days are pretty great...we sail through, all goes pretty well.






But some days--I feel as if all the balls are just lying on the floor taunting me...and I just want to run screaming. Or possibly, just take a nap.






Do you know what I have learned?

It is OK to not be perfect.

It is OK to drop the ball once and awhile.

If my kids see me as infallible, then they will get a false sense that they too must be perfect. That they can't have an off day.






And that's just setting them up for failure.

So I am learning to embrace the days that dinner gets burnt, there are missing socks, one kid is in a timeout, while another is dumping rice all over the kitchen floor.

It's LIFE. And to be honest, in this house....there are more balls dropped then kept in the air most days.



And guess what?



My kids forgive me. My kids love me. Most times they don't notice when things aren't just so. And life continues with the promise of a better tomorrow.

And, my family gets a lesson in all of it.

Perfection is over-rated .

And if I wanted to be a juggler---I would have just joined the darn circus.

Wait a minute......I think I already have!!! :-)

No comments: