Monday, January 23, 2012
Cold Peanut Soba Noodles With Chicken
- 12 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha or sambal oelek)
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and edamame and cook as the noodle label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the noodles and edamame and run under cold water until cool.
Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and chili sauce in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water and whisk until smooth. Add the noodles and edamame, season with salt and toss to combine (add more cooking water to loosen, if needed). Divide among shallow bowls and top with the chicken, cucumber and scallions.
Per serving: Calories 652; Fat 25 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 57 mg; Sodium 1,446 mg; Carbohydrate 78 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 38 g
Friday, January 20, 2012
Monday, January 16, 2012
In just 30 minutes, you can serve this delectable dish, with a rich, satiny Alfredo sauce that coats chicken, broccoli and pasta.
- 1/2 of a 16 ounce package linguine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Prepare the linguine according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of the cooking time. Drain the linguine mixture well in a colander.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.
Stir the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture in the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute grilled chicken breasts for the skinless, boneless chicken.
Shrimp & Broccoli Alfredo: Substitute 1 pound fresh extra large shrimp, shelled and deveined for the chicken. Cook as directed for the chicken above, until the shrimp are cooked through.
Serving Suggestion: Serve wth a mixed green salad topped with orange sections, walnut pieces and raspberry vinaigrette. For dessert serve almond biscotti.
You can substitute spaghetti or fettuccine for the linguine in this recipe.
Cost per recipe: $7.86
HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!