- 12 ounces soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as Sriracha or sambal oelek)
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and edamame and cook as the noodle label directs. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the noodles and edamame and run under cold water until cool.
Whisk the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and chili sauce in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water and whisk until smooth. Add the noodles and edamame, season with salt and toss to combine (add more cooking water to loosen, if needed). Divide among shallow bowls and top with the chicken, cucumber and scallions.
Per serving: Calories 652; Fat 25 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 57 mg; Sodium 1,446 mg; Carbohydrate 78 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 38 g