The whole darn fam

The whole darn fam

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Not so lucky

Well-I've got bad news.

Yesterday morning-Sam woke up with a temp. I thought he had a bug. By the end of the day- he was burning up and I noticed the graft site on his foot looked red.

I brought him down to John's Hopkins last night--and his foot continued to swell--the his leg swelled-and he was burning up. They were preparing me that he might need surgery last night to open the graft-clean it out- and then start over.

Thankfully--after they started the antibiotics--the infection stopped spreading. (It had been going up his leg) After a long and scary night--he is now doing well and has been mostly fever free today.

His Plastic surgeon said that he would wait a few days to let the drugs work--and if they do-we are home free. If they don't it means there is an underlying infection and they will need to find it's source. I am praying for the former-and am hoping we will be home by Sunday.

This is just too much for him. He is scared, mad, and confused. Frankly--so am I.

I just don't understand how after all he has been through--this could be happening now-when we were so close to recovery.

I am going to have faith that he will be fine-and no surgery will be needed. I would love some prayers or good thoughts sent our way for healing and strength.

At the moment--this scripture is holding me together--

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength"
Phi. 4:13


Amy said...

Amy, I am so sorry. I will be praying for Sam's healing and for your family as well. Stay strong Mama, you can get through this and God will work it out. Hugs to you.

Chris said...

Praying here!

Cindy said...

Stay strong Amy! Many good thoughts and prayers your way! Please keep us all posted!
xoxo, Cindy