The whole darn fam

The whole darn fam

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thrilling Thursday!!

So today I have to thank all of you that have commented under my "Thankful" post--at this point we have raised $182 dollars for the Starfish Foster home! While this is a nothing to sneeze at--it falls a bit short of my goal--which is.......ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS! Can we make it happen?? To quote one of my kids favorite shows--"YES WE CAN!!"
****and remember--the THANKFUL comments should go under my post entitled--you guessed it..THANKFUL!!

I love reading about all of your thankfulness--it is inspiring, and humbling. You are thankful--everything from a warm bed--to a loved one's remission from cancer. You are all a reminder that we can always find something to be thankful for--even in our darkest days.

So today--can I ask a little favor?? Can you give this blog a shout out?? Either by linking it on your own blog--or e-mailing it?? If you have already done this--I thank you very much!!

Now--onto what I am thankful for today.......in pictures! Here we go.............
It worked!!!! I got the pics to move! hooray! Thanks for the advice!!
Till next time.....
Amy xoxooxox

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Amy I hope this is where the waht I am thankful for comment goes--I am thankful for you for doing something wonderful for others, I am thankful for my beautiful children and their spouses one of whom I am visiting right now and one I will see next tuesday with my beautiful chunky, smiley grandson, my extra smart, handsome great nephew Joseph and a very new one I just have had the pleasure to meet the last 2 days with my brother Matt and his family--baby Kamar what a gift,thankful to God for helping me stick on this weight loss program for 2 weeks now and thankful for my brothers, sisters their families my husband Dad at 95 and all his family, thankful for my girlfriends and all their loving support, thankful to be able to help others in my job and especially thankful for my husband who is about to turn 62 and sure doesn't look it or act it ha ha I could go on and on--my 10 yr old dog Kacey is pretty special too--hope this helps and if I left one thing out it wasn't on purpose I just have so much to be grateful for and I never want to take it for granted especially all the 12 step programs out there that help so many of us--Love you Amy and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful people like you care enough to make a change to others lives.The angels on earth

Heather said...

Amy, I already posted my Thankful comment & I just finished posting about your unique fundraiser. Thank you so much for including all of us. And, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. The friendships I have made are amazing!

China Angel Awaits said...

Amy Iam very inspired by your caring blog and big heart!! You have a beautiful family. I had never heard of Starfish before but think I will bop on over there and check out these beautiful children. I would like to change over to the spec need program as soon as I get insurance again-been talking to hubby about this he is a little nervous but think he is coming around-he has a BIG beautiful heart!! Blessings Lori

Stacey said...

Am I too late to leave a comment for Starfish foster home? I hope not. I think I am commenting on the wrong post, but hopefully you will count this. I love the work that they do. I have been watching Faith closely and hope she is available for adoption and adopted very soon. Her PWS birthmark reminds me of my daughter's birthmark.

I am very thankful for adoption. It has given me the opportunity to become a mother to two wonderful children.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful to have received an email tonight telling me to come to this site. It is a quiet reminder of what really matters. Not the homework, or dishes or even bedtime. What matters is that I have three beautiful, healthy children (two of whom are sleeping) and a loving husband. I am thankful that I have been reminded to be thankful.